Terms and Conditions
By registering for a course, you agree that The Virtual Learning Platform shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, losses incurred as a result of use or inability to use this website or any other matter relating to our service, save as may be provided in consumer protection legislation.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with us. We undertake not to share this personal information with any other person or organisation. Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you register for a course, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, identity number, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to register you for a course, interact with you regarding the course and other courses we offer, conduct assessments and provide feedback.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about the course you are registered for and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, postal codes, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where our courses are used so that we can better understand behaviour of our students and improve our products, marketing and service.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
We shall not make any certain personal information available to any other person or organisation without your express and written consent. However, It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities − for us to disclose your personal information.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our products.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information on our system for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law.